- Online Entry
Entry Fee: $10 per Sequence
|Entries Close||Wednesday, 17th May 2023
|Judging||Saturday, 20th May 2023
| Online Exhibition
||Saturday, 27th May 2023
|Catalogues & Awards||Friday, 30th June 2023
- Alia Naughton AV-AAPS CAPS/b SAPS
- Trish McAuslan EFIAP/b FAPS AV-AAPS FPSNZ
- Margaret Fagg
- 1st Place APS Gold Medallion
- 2nd Place Silver Medallion
- 3rd Place Bronze Medallion
- Herbert Medallions for excellence in various areas for audio visual production, best novice entry
- Merit Ribbons
- This is an open competition; there are no restrictions on subject matter.
- All entries will be judged primarily on their storytelling, emotional impact or artistic merit.
- AVs must be in MP4 file format only, H.264 codec only. Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) is the preferred AV resolution, but lower resolutions, down to 1024 x 683 pixels with a minimum 3:2 aspect ratio, are acceptable.
- AVs cannot be more than 12 minutes in duration.
- AVs can be collaboratively created by more than one author.
- Author names, if used, should be at the end of the AV. Appropriate credit must be given to the work of other artists and sources used, i.e. music, poetry, third-party images, etc..
- Video clip inserts are allowed in AVs but must not exceed 20% of the total duration of the AV and should only be used where they are important to the story. The video clip limit excludes simulated motion, time lapse photography, computer-generated transitions or other similar mechanisms designed to simulate movement, which are all acceptable AV components.
- Third-party images:
- Can only be used where they are important to the story, and
- Can only be used where it was not possible for the author to have captured those images, and
- Must not dominate the AV.
- To be eligible for the Best Novice award, entrants must indicate this on the entry form and have never previously received an Acceptance in a national or international AV competition.
- AVs accepted in previous AV Autumn Nationals cannot be entered again.
- Entry is open to all photographers resident in the Commonwealth of Australia and its Territories, and also from financial APS members resident overseas.
- The Summary on the entry form is for use by the organisers and will not be taken into account by the judges in their assessment.
- The judges’ decision is final and neither the organisers or anyone else may alter that decision.
- AVs that achieve an Acceptance (which includes all awards) will subsequently be viewable from the APS website via the APS YouTube Channel. Authors are encouraged to ensure that their entry satisfies the YouTube copyright requirements, especially as this will generally satisfy rule 15(a) below with respect to music copyright for this exhibition's purposes.
- Submission of an AV explicitly indicates that the author:
- Is legally entitled to use whatever content is contained within their production, and that there are no legal impediments to the inclusion of such material.
- Indemnifies the APS and the competition organiser against any claims whatsoever arising from their entry.
- Gives APS permission for the AV to be shown publicly or on the APS website and publication of a representative image in an approved APS magazine.
- Retains copyright of their creation.
- Understands and accepts these rules as the conditions of entry and all judges’ decisions. The exhibition organisers may provide APS with details of breaches of these conditions of entry. APS retains the right to impose sanctions on entrants deemed to have repeatedly breached the conditions of entry of any APS approved exhibition,
An author may submit up to 4 AVs. The entry fee for 1 AV is $10 per sequence.
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR EMAIL AND MAILING ADDRESS ARE CORRECT FOR SENDING OF CORRESPONDENCE, CATALOGUE, AND POSSIBLE AWARDS.
AVs AND THE ENTRY FORM MUST BE SENT VIA: www.wetransfer.com to email@example.com
Exhibition Director: Dale Murphy AV-AAPS FAPS