|Entries Close||Saturday, 26th March 2022
|Judging||Sunday, 3rd April 2022
| Online Exhibition
||Sunday, 10th April 2022
|Catalogues & Awards||Saturday, 30th April 2022
- Alia Naughton AV-AAPS CAPS/b SAPS
- Margaret Fagg
- Christopher de Doby
- 1st Place APS Gold Medallion
- 2nd Place Silver Plaque
- 3rd Place Bronze Medallion
- Herbert Medallions for excellence in various areas for audio visual production, best novice entry
- Merit Ribbons
- This is an open competition; there are no restrictions on subject matter.
- All entries will be judged primarily on their storytelling, emotional impact or artistic merit.
- AVs must be in MP4 file format only. Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) is the preferred AV resolution, but lower resolutions, down to 1024 x 683 pixels with a minimum 3:2 aspect ratio, are acceptable.
- Author and co-author names, if used, should be at the end of the AV. Appropriate credit must be given to the work of other artists used, i.e. music, poetry, third-party images, etc.
- Third-party images should be used only where they are important to the story and where it was not possible for the author to have captured those images.
- Video clip inserts are allowed in AVs but must not exceed 20% of the total duration of the AV. This limit excludes simulated motion, timelapse photography, computer-generated transitions or other similar mechanisms designed to simulate movement, which are all acceptable AV components.
- Those who have not received a 1st or 2nd place in a national AV competition, or an Acceptance in an international AV competition, may enter the Novice section.
- AVs accepted in previous AV Autumn Nationals cannot be entered again.
- Entry is open to all photographers resident in the Commonwealth of Australia and its Territories and also from financial APS members resident overseas.
- Entries will not be returned. AVs not accepted will be deleted by the organisers.
- The Summary on the accompanying fiche is for use by the organisers and will not be taken into account by the judges in their assessment.
- Judges’ decisions are final and neither organisers nor anyone else may alter those decisions.
- Submission of an AV explicitly indicates that the author:
- It is the responsibility of each producer to ensure that they are legally entitled to use whatever content is contained within their production, and that there are no legal impediments to the inclusion of such material.
- The producer, by entering the competition, indemnifies APS and the competition organiser against any claims whatsoever arising from their entry.
- Submission of an AV explicitly indicates that the author gives APS permission for the AV to be shown in public or on the APS website and publication of a representative image in an approved APS magazine.
- Copyright of all original works will remain with the producer.
- It is the responsibility of each producer to understand and accept these rules as the conditions of entry and all judges’ decisions. The exhibition organisers may provide APS with details of breaches of these conditions of entry. APS retains the right to impose sanctions on entrants deemed to have repeatedly breached the conditions of entry of any APS approved exhibition.
An author may submit up to 4 AVs. The entry fee for 1 AV is $10. The entry fee for 2 to 4 AVs is $20 in total.
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR EMAIL AND MAILING ADDRESS ARE CORRECT FOR SENDING OF CORRESPONDENCE, CATALOGUE, AND POSSIBLE AWARDS.
Exhibition Director: Dale Murphy AAPS AV-AAPS