In a world impacted by significant events through the impact Climate Change, COVID and Natural Disasters, nature and people show an incredible capacity to repair, recover or renew.
Wherever you participate in the 2022 APS Photo Walk Day we want you to focus on the positive and capture the optimism of the future: show us how nature and/or people are moving forward so this a wonderful opportunity to capture and showcase the emotions that come with repair, recovery or renewal.
Your images may reflect an emergence from the impact of COVID lock-downs and the joy of people rediscovering their lives and livelihoods. You may capture the beauty and strength of nature as it recovers from the ravages of fire or floods or other natural disasters or the efforts of communities to renew what once was. You are not limited by these examples; you are only limited by your imagination. The emotional impact of your image/s are the key to success on this APS Photo walk Day.
Images must be captured on the day and metadata must be included.
1.Individual Walkers (4 images per walker)
2. Club Entry: Set of 20 single images. Each clubs 20 images will be distributed and judged in a randomised manner throughout the judging. The judging is not conducted on a club by club basis.
3.Club Portfolio Entry: Portfolio of 20 cohesive images supported by a statement (Images will be judged as a cohesive set)
- The winning Club Entry will receive a $500 Momento Pro Photobook voucher (to be divided at Club's discretion).
- The winning Club Portfolio Entry will receive eBooks and Curation by Ewen Bell sponsored by Lumix.
- The Individual Walker with most points will receive a $150 MOMENTO Pro Photobook voucher and certificate.
- All Individual Walkers will receive a certificate of participation and have their images displayed on the APS Website.
- All participating clubs will have their images displayed in a gallery on the APS website.
- All participating clubs will receive a Certificate of participation to place on their website.
- Images must be captured on 14 May 2022 and metadata must be included with the images.
- All elements must have been photographed by the entrant and images submitted must be 100% photographic in origin, including textures, backgrounds, skies, etc. The use of stock images or clip art is forbidden.
- 20 Images per club are allowed with no more than 4 per club member for both the Club Entry and the Club Portfolio Entry.
- 4 images per individual competitor.
- No club member or individual is permitted to enter more than once (for example: if a member has images entered in a club or portfolio entry they may not enter as an individual).
- Clubs may only enter either the Club Entry or the Club Portfolio Entry and not both.
- Images may only be entered once and mono conversions will be considered as the same image.
Opportunity to have your images published
For 2022 APS and the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) have collaborated to provide potential opportunities for Participant images to be used to support FRRR events and activities. FRRR is a not-for profit community-based organisation that focuses on regional and rural community needs and solutions.
As a Participant your images may not be selected; however, if selected the following will occur
- Your email/phone details will be provided to FRRR
- FRRR may contact you to ask for a different file configuration for use with social media or other publications
- Your images will remain your copyright; however, if published in any way you will be credited as follows
- APS Member: ‘photographer name’ (for APS Members)
- APS Photo Walk Day Participant: ‘photographer name’ (for non-members)
- You will not be paid or remunerated in anyway if your image/s are selected and published.
If you are part of a Club submission, the Club Photo Walk Day contact/coordinator will be the first point of contact by FRRR.
If you are approached by FRRR to use one of your images you may choose
- not to provide an image
- have your image used only for free online and printed publications, social media opportunities with FRRR campaigns and activities furthering FRRR’s charitable purposes.
- have your image used in accordance with 2. and with commercial activities such as published calendars or festive cards.
Upload of Images
- Images will be uploaded via the MyPhotoClub system and all club organizers/individual walkers competitors will receive a link prior to 14 May
- Club entries are uploaded by a club representative (not the members).
- A maximum size of 1920 pixels wide (horizontal direction) and 1200 pixels high (vertical direction) with a maximum file size of 2MB.
- Naming of images is done at upload
- The supporting statement for a Club Portfolio Entry must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include APS Photo Walk Day 2022 in the subject line.
- Each registered club or individual will receive a link to upload their images during the week before 14 May.
$5 per Individual Walker.
$20 per Club Entry.
$20 per Club Portfolio Entry.
|Clubs||Photo Arts Club Tweed||FIRST PLACE||395|
|Clubs||Frankston Photographic Club||Second Place||379|
|Clubs||Warragul Camera Club 2||Third Place||332|
|Clubs||Brisbane Camera Group 2||Fourth Place||331|
|Clubs||Macedon Ranges Photographic Society||Fifth Place||328|
|Clubs||Gold Coast Photographic Society||Sixth Place||326|
|Clubs||Brisbane Camera Group 1||Sixth Place||326|
|Clubs||Wollongong Camera Club||Seventh Place||324|
|Clubs||Cairns Photographic Society||Eighth Place||318|
|Clubs||Warragul Camera Club 1||Tenth Place||304|
|Clubs||Maitland Camera Club||Eleventh Place||301|
|Clubs||Northern Exposure Photographers Group||Twelfth Place||295|
|Clubs||Southern Suburbs Photographic Society||Thirteenth Place||257|
|Clubs||Whittlesea Photography Club||Fourteenth Place||224|
|Individuals||Maria Mazo||Found in the beach
|Individuals||Judi Neumann||Caught up in a human trap
|Individuals||Brian Rope||Life Re-emerged
Mifgt as well add my waste to this
|Individuals||Amanda Luker||Water Under the Bridge
|Individuals||Jan Harrison||Blending In - ou est ce que c'est
Trees Find a Way Raising the Roof
|Individuals||Jennifer Lees||Fighting to Hang on
|Individuals||Trevor Cotterill||What comes first
Building a nest
|Individuals||John Spicer||Spring Snow
Hives Hydro Collection Distribution
|Visual pollution!||Eighth Place||14|