- Category Definitions
|Entries Close||24 March 2017
Live judging in QLD & Exhibition
9 April 2017 10:00am
- Margaret O'Grady EFIAP/b GMAPS PSQA
- Wendy GEDDES AFIAP FAPS PSQA
- Anne RUSSELL LAPS PSQA
- KENMORE LIBRARY, KENMORE VILLAGE, 9 BROOKFIELD RD, KENMORE QLD, 4069
The sequence can be about travel, history, natural history, sport, an event, a person or persons, nature or any subject or story that pertains to factual information. The sequence must contain text and/or narration– plus music and sound effects if desired. No video allowed.
POETRY & SONG
The sequence will portray any subject or story using a poem and/or song. The sequence cannot be accompanied by music alone, but must contain narration and/or text for poetry-based sequences, and song vocals and/or text for song-based sequences. Music and/or sound effects may also be applied. No video allowed.
The challenge lies in the production and visual progression of images linked to sound. It is not a requirement to have a story with a specific beginning, middle and end, but the production should be constructed so that images dissolve harmoniously in terms of colour or tone and graphic design. No narration, video or text (except in the title slide and credits at the end), is allowed.
The sequence will portray any subject, story or theme other than defined in the Documentary, Photo Harmony, or Poetry and Song categories. The sequence may contain any combination of music, sound effects, text and/or narration. No video allowed.
The sequence will portray any subject, story or theme through the use of still images and video. The video content must not be more than 20% of the duration of the whole sequence. Any combination of text, narration, music and sound effects may be used.
- Entries are ONLY accepted via the Online Entry. As this system is new, we understand that there could be some assistance required by some entrants. Please direct all IT Entry Form questions to; The Secretary Tue-Thu, 9:30am-3:30pm via telephone 02 9890 9795 or Email.
- Those who have not received a 1st or 2nd place in a national, or an acceptance in an international AV competition, may enter the Novice section. Any acceptances awarded in this section will not go toward Honours points. If an acceptance is awarded, this is an acknowledgement of encouragement to the Novice.
- Any previously accepted AVs in the current National being entered at the time, cannot be entered again.
- All entries will be judged for their artistic merit, regardless of the method used to produce them.
- No restrictions on subject matter or format. This is an Open competition. Author’s name, if used, should be at the end of the sequence.
- All entries are required to give appropriate credit, on the sequence and on the fiche, to the work of other artists used in the AV i.e. music, poetry etc.
- Each entry must be a standalone digital production – Exe (PC), Fotomagico (Mac), MP4 or .mov, without the need of the software that produced it and do not have a ‘run’ box.
- Entries will not be returned and will be deleted from computers after the exhibition.
- Copyright – in accordance with copyright law, all AV sequences must be free of all rights of ownership, whether artistic or otherwise, which may be held by others. By taking part in the competition, authors indemnify the organisers against all and any actions that may be taken against them by owners of copyrights. The organisers of the competition will accept no responsibility in the event of dispute or litigation. Judges’ decisions are final and neither organisers nor anyone else may alter the decisions in any way.
- Submission of a sequence implies permission for it to be shown in public, or an image used in an approved APS magazine; acceptance of these rules and of all jury decisions.
- Entry is open to all photographers resident in the Commonwealth of Australia or its Territories and also from financial APS members resident overseas. All overseas authors/co-authors must be financial members of APS.
- Payment via PAYPAL with a paypal account or stand alone Credit Card payment, direct EFT, cheques are also accepted. Cheques MUST be posted direct to the APS Office. Suite 4, 8 Melville St. Parramatta NSW 2150
NO CASH ACCEPTED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
OR CD'S MAY BE POSTED TO: Alia Naughton, 3 Henley Close, Castle Hill, NSW 2154