- Conditions of Entry
- Judging & Judges
- Entry Form & Payment
Audio Visual enthusiasts worldwide are cordially invited to enter the;
Adelaide AV Fest International Audio Visual Festival
The Audio Visual Festival will be held in Adelaide, South Australia from 20-23 April 2017.
All entrants as well as Audio Visual enthusiasts are welcome to attend – email us your contact details and we will send you more information regarding the event as soon as it becomes available.
Details will also be published on www.a-p-s.org.au
John Hodgson EFIAP/b, AV-AFIAP, FAPS, AV-FAPS, ESFIAP, Hon. FAPS
Telephone: +61 8 84317452
Mobile: +61 417880596
ALL ENQUIRIES: Festival Director, John Hodgson firstname.lastname@example.org
There are five categories:
- Music, Poetry & Song
- Natural History
Photographers are encouraged to explore the photographic medium and to use it to communicate their own personal vision incorporating feeling, senses and imagination to the viewer. The photography is not restricted in any way, either in subject matter or in the manipulation allowed during the taking or reproduction stages of the photography.
Entry is open to single entrants, groups and clubs. All participants must be disclosed on the entry form.
Entrants may submit up to four AVs, with a maximum time of 12 minutes for any sequence and a maximum combined time of 30 minutes.
Submission of an entry implies that the entrant has obtained any necessary licences or permission to use any copyright material included in the sequence. Archival third party images, irrespective of their source, should be used only where it would have been impossible for the producer of the AV to have made the image him or herself. All third party images must be appropriately identified and credited.
From 1024 x 768 px (4:3 aspect ratio) up to 1920 x 1080 px (16:9 aspect ratio) may be submitted.
- The file size of a sequence must not exceed 500Mb.
- Sequences must be in a format which allows them to be played on a PC without the need for the software which created them, and should close automatically once finished.
- AVs may contain the entrant's name and should acknowledge the work of other artists (e.g. music).
- AVs may be submitted on a singlw CD or DVD to the postal address above or via an internet service provider such as www.wetransfer.com, etc. to the following address: email@example.com
- Email a copy of your entry form (with tracking number, if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can follow up on the arrival of your CD/DVD/file transfer.
- Enquire if you do not get an email confirming receipt of your entry by 7 April 2017.
- Entries not received by the closing date will not be judged.
- We encourage clubs and groups to combine their entries on one CD/DVD and to make one payment to save postage, packing and bank charges.
- No entries will be returned and disks will be destroyed after judging.
|Entries Close||31 March 2017
|Live judging in Adelaide (no preselection)||20-22 April 2017
|Gala Presentation in Adelaide||23 April 2017
|Results emailed||27 April 2017|
|Awards posted||19 May 2017|
All entries will be projected on a big screen for judging and viewed in categories. Multiple entries by the same author will be randomised. There will be no preselection.
- Howard Bagshaw ARPS, MPAGB
- Barbara Butler AV-FAPS, SSAPS
- Keith Seidel AFIAP, FAPS, SSAPS
- FIAP Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will awarded respectively to the top three sequences overall in the Festival. The jury may award up to six FIAP Honourable Mention ribbons, and FIAP acceptances in line with FIAP requirements.
- An award will be presented to the top sequence in each category.
- The Pollock Medal, donated by the RPS AV Group, will be awarded to the best first-time entrant.
- Awards will also be presented for Best Sound, Best Original Script, Most Creative Imagery, Best Australian Entrant, and Runner Up, Best Australian Entrant.
- The jury may also award APS acceptances to Australian entrants.
- Entrants will be advised of results by email.
- Every entrant will receive a free copy of the catalogue.
- Acceptance cards will be issued.
- Results will be published on the APS website: www.a-p-s.org.au
A Gala Presentation of awarded works will be held on Sunday 23 April 2017 in Adelaide.
Submission of an entry implies permission by the author for the sequence to be shown in public at the abovementioned event.
AU$20.00 per sequence
Payments may be made by cheque or by electronic transfer to:
Adelaide AV Festival
BSB: 105 086
Account number: 053376740
Use your surname and name + "AV Fest" as reference on the bank transfer.
Please include proof of payment with your entry form where electronic transfer is used.
- AU$20.000 per sequence) via PayPal to email@example.com
- Do not pay in other currencies or by EFT.
- Entries without full payment in AU$ will not be judged.
- UK entrants may, by prior arrangement, pay their fees through Ian Bateman (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will forward a single payment to Adelaide AV Fest on behalf of all such entrants.
Your CD/DVD/data transfer must contain one folder comprising the following files:
- Fiche/s is fully completed and saved with your name and surname e.g. Tom Jones.xls
- Your AVs with files named correctly, i.e. sequence file has number and title only
e.g. 01 Opera House.exe, 02 Mardigras.mp4 "
- A small portrait(s) of author(s) included as 512 x 768px jpg saved as e.g. Tom Jones.jpg
- A flyer or poster for each sequence entered (800 x 600px jpg portrait or landscape format) saved as e.g. Opera House.jpg
- A summary in English of each of the audiovisual works entered.
- Proof of payment with your name as reference (EFT for Australian entrants and PayPal for entrants from abroad).
Postal Address for Entries:
Adelaide AV Fest
1 Elm Grove
MAGILL SA 5072